Saturday, February 19, 2011

Some day, some life.... What the hell?





Lakin and I





When coming up with a title for a blog I've found two things to be true. One is that there are probably a millions bloggers out there in the world wide web, and the chance of you coming up with an original title that can also serve as your domain name... next to impossible. Second, if you don't have a clue about what you are going to write about, your title will turn out very vague and basic at best - as is the case with the title you see above.

Lakin and Ninja in the snow
When I think of some day, some life, one thing that comes to mind is... What the fuck does that mean?

Some day and some life can describe many things, which is why I chose it. It describes your current position in life as it is at present (as in man this is turning out to be some day or this is turning out to be some shit-show life). It can be used to describe the future you are planning for but not likely obtaining (as in I'll be doing that some day). It describes some pipedream way of life that will never come to fruition (as in that would be some life). It speaks of wants and what actually happens. It speaks of today and tomorrow.

As of today I am twenty-two. Old enough to have been out on my own a while, but not quite old enough to have a clue as to what I want to do with my life. Presently, this thought is really at the forefront of my mind. I am in the military and originally the point of joining was to give myself a few years to think it through and to come up with a plan to attack life. Well, guys it's been four and a half years now and I’ve got nothing. I’ve got one and a half left. There have been ideas, and from week to week it changes. 

Ninja being ever watchful
I am also married and we have a French bulldog. Their names are Lakin and Ninja respectively (although having a wife named Ninja would be pretty badass). I've been married just shy of three and one half years. She is amazing and is very supportive of my self-discovery. She also serves in the U.S. military.

We live a very comfortable lifestyle in Norfolk VA, but not exactly the one we wish for our future together. What that future is...?

So, kindly gentlemen and women, if you would be so obliged to join me in this my adventure into my life as I know it. The triumphs. The shortcomings. The dreams and hopes that are realized - or dashed upon the jagged sea cliffs of promise as the crushing waves of reality come crashing down and leave me a black bleeding spot.

This is some day and this sure as hell is some life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment